Sunday, 21 July 2019

BioSpectrum India, a leading B2B media platform in Life Sciences and Bio Sciences space has announced its 15th BioSpectrum Biopharma survey results.

20 June 2019 | Reports/white papers

By BioSpectrum Bureau BioSpectrum Top 20 Biopharma Special

BioSpectrum India June 2019 Cover

BioSpectrum India June 2019 Cover

Highlights of the survey include

  • For the year 2018-19 the Indian Biopharma Industry crossed Rs 22,124 crore over previous year's revenue of Rs 18,290 core.
  • The Indian Biopharma Industry has exported products worth Rs 14,423 crore in 2018-19 witnessing growth over last year's exports of 13,925 crore.
  • Indian Biopharma industry, comprising hormones, insulin, blood products and vaccines also imported biopharma products worth Rs 5500 core in 2018-19 as against previous year's imports of Rs 5039 crore.
  • Serum Institute of India Ltd retains No 1 position
  • Serum Institute of India Ltd (Pune) continues to lead the India biopharmaceutical industry with revenue of Rs 4984 crore followed by Biocon (Bangalore) (Rs 3946 crore) and Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) with Rs 1352 crore.
  • Top 20 biopharma companies contribute to 89% of the total biopharma industry
  • Indian companies contribute 78% of the total biopharma industry while remaining 22% by the MNC firms
  • Western region continues to dominate the biopharma industry with contribution of 59% followed by Southern region with 36% and remaining 4% coming from Northern region.
  • Serum Institute of India Ltd, (Pune), Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Mumbai), Sanofi India Ltd. (Mumbai), Reliance Life Science Pvt Ltd (Mumbai), and Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Ahmedabad) are the top 5 companies from Western region.
  • Biocon Ltd (Bangalore), Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd, (Bangalore), Bharat Biotech International Ltd (Hyderabad), Biological E Ltd (Hyderabad), and Indian Immunologicals Ltd (Hyderabad), are the 5 companies from Southern region.
  • Baxter India (Gurugram), Panacea Biotec (New Delhi), Eli Lilly and Company (India) (Gurugram), Bharat Immunologicals and Biologicals Corporation Ltd (Bulandshahr) and Mankind Pharmaceuticals (New Delhi) are the top 5 companies from the Northern region.

Click here to access BioSpectrum Top 20 Biopharma Companies

Comments

× Your session has been expired. Please click here to Sign-in or Sign-up
   New User? Create Account