18 March 2021 | News
The top eight teams were selected through a rigorous evaluation process from a list of 20
ZS PRIZE, a healthcare innovation programme launched by global professional services firm ZS, has announced its top eight teams from a record 2,900 submissions. The programme, which was launched in October 2020, received more than 33,000 registrations from across colleges, start-ups and corporations, bringing together a diverse pool of participants to address healthcare innovation needs in India.
The solutions submitted to ZS PRIZE, leverage artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT) and big data to transform the current Indian healthcare landscape by focusing on the accessibility and affordability of healthcare solutions. The ideas cover the spectrum of diagnostic as well as therapeutic solutions.
The top eight teams were selected through a rigorous evaluation process from a list of 20. The top 20 teams selected in January, received a 4-week mentorship with leading experts at ZS.
Sanjay Joshi, Regional Managing Principal, Head of Asia, ZS, said “As a firm, we are proud to launch ZS PRIZE to help accelerate innovation in healthcare. Through our mentorship programme, participant teams were able to strengthen their submissions for jury deliberation.”
Reinforcing this point, Ravi Venkatesan, Jury Chairman, ZS PRIZE, Founder, GAME and Former Chairman, Microsoft India, said “I am impressed with the quality of the top eight ideas for the final round as each of the ideas advances the affordability and accessibility of healthcare innovation for the masses in India.”
The top eight solutions that are in line for the ZS PRIZE finale, which is scheduled for April 2021:
1. Baby Beat by CareMother – This AI-powered wireless, portable, smartphone-based clinical grade smart device provides fetal monitoring for pregnant women and to help reduce neonatal deaths.
2. Stamurai - This speech therapy app aims to empower folks with a stuttering issue.
3. LungIQ by Predible Health - This cloud-based deep learning software is a solution for accurate and quantitative reporting of chest conditions from CT imaging.
4. OmniPD by Padmaseetha Technologies Pvt Ltd – OmniPD is the world’s first portable peritoneal dialysis cycler that empowers renal patients to execute dialysis anytime, anywhere.
5. Miclays by MedPrime Technologies - An AI-powered digital microscopy system, MICLAYS can address all the microscopy needs of a diagnostic lab.
6. Ameliorate by Biotech Private Limited – This rapid testing kit (ASSURED) helps detect the three most prevalent mosquito-borne diseases—malaria, chikungunya and dengue—on the first day of symptoms in fewer than 15 minutes.
7. Bindu by India Vision – Smart Cap is a tool that will help process images and describe or read them aloud using speakers or headphones. This tool will help the visually impaired, both in their daily lives and at work.
8. Pulse Active Stations Network – Each Pulse Active Station measures various health and wellness parameters in conjunction with a proprietary AI-based platform and gives indications of potential lifestyle diseases with personalised recommendations.