Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (BBC) under the aegis of Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS), Department of Electronics, IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka has launched a range of products, to fight COVID 19 pandemic.
The products were launched by Dr Ashwath Narayan C N, Deputy Chief Minister, IT, BT and S&T on 9th September through an online platform.
- NucleoDx RT: Developed by Innovator-start up Dr Prabhakar Kulkarni of NeoDx Biotech labs is a simple and cost effective method of RNA isolation to be used in RT PCR for detection of COVID 19. This is developed indigenously.
- CoviDx mPlex 3R and 4R: Developed by Innovator-start up Dr Prabhakar Kulkarni of NeoDx Biotech labs is an in-vitro RT PCR qualitative assay for detection of COVID 19 virus utilizing three and four genes identification. This is sensitive assay and is indigenously developed. It has got ICMR approval and CDSCO approval for manufacturing.
- Dr Tapaman: Developed by Innovator start up Dr Latha Damle of Atrimed is a device which measures body temperature as a symptom for COVID 19. Unlike similar device available in market, it does’t have a trigger but a switch, lighter in weight and does not emit and radiation. So it is user friendly and is developed entirely indigenously.
- SAFAE Biosecurity Solutions: Developed by Innovator Shri Gangadhar R from Med Tech Division of KAPTRONICS, the tunnel provides for automated temperature scanner, blood oxygen level check, mask detection, automated hand wash, complete disinfection of body, clothes and luggage, in addition to contact tracing of people within location of installation. It is completely developed indigenously and one of its kind in the country.
- UVEE beamer: The product is developed by Innovator Mr Ravi Kumar from Biofi and the device eliminates germs by denaturing their DNA. The elimination of germs is effected within 30 seconds and is unmanned with 360 degree UV exposure.
- UVEE conveyor: The product is developed by Innovator Mr Ravi Kumar from Biofi and the device is an enclosed moving belt with a UV- C system that kills germs on objects of varying sizes and will be mostly useful and big commercial spaces.
- AI based Chain mobile app: The product is developed by the Innovator Ms Vishnupriya from Aviana HV Bioscience Pvt Ltd in Collaboration with WNFT technologies PVT Ltd. This mobile app uses chest X-ray images and gives instant COVID positive or negative result.
The occasion also saw signing of MoU between IIT-SINE (Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship), Mumbai and BBC. On the eve of signing of MoU, Prof Santosh Gharpure, IIT SINE said “that expertise and capabilities of mature Incubators like IIT-SINE in facilitating funding, technical help through IIT faculties and networking support to the start-ups of BBC would open up a co-incubation model and help IIT-SINE Innovators to access mature ecosystem of Bangalore through BBC”.