The selected startups will be supported by Tata Trusts – PATH Impact Lab and their network of mentors for a period of up to 15 months.
Social Alpha and Tata Trusts – PATH Impact Lab have announced the launch of India’s first nationwide search – ‘Social Alpha Quest for Healthcare Innovations’. The program is designed to solve key healthcare challenges, eliminate disparities, and achieve health equity in India.
The program focuses on healthcare technology innovations in devices and diagnostics including point of care devices in the following areas:
- Innovations in maternal and child health including and not restricted to, areas such as sepsis, maternal diabetes & hypertension.
- Innovations chronic and non-communicable diseases such as point-of-care detection of diabetes, neuropathies, retinopathies, cardio-vascular diseases, head & neck cancer, cervical cancer and other cancers
- Innovations in detection and diagnosis of infectious diseases such as malaria, HIV, TB, chikungunya, HCV etc.
The selected startups will be supported by Tata Trusts – PATH Impact Lab and their network of mentors for a period of up to 15 months and will receive the following offerings:
- Funding up to Rs 25 lakhs for clinical validation.
- Mentorship support in refining business model, navigating regulatory landscape, understanding national & global market dynamics.
- Support in product design through access to Social Alpha and Tata Trusts – PATH Impact Lab’s product shop.
- Access to PATH’s expertise in design and clinical validation and facilitate access to PHCs/hospitals.
- A 2-3-day Barrel for the founder(s) of selected startups intensively focused on business strategy and growth.
- Facilitating engineering and technical support.
- Additional grant up to Rs 25 lakhs for Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) and achieving international product standards.
- Opportunities for global exposure visits for advanced training, networking, research support etc.
- Opportunity for dilutive investments by Social Alpha and eligibility to receive support in raising the next round of funding post meeting eligibility and diligence requirements.