Cipla Limited has announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Key highlights of the quarter:
- Profitability: Despite significant global volatility and revenue deferrals for the quarter, profitability maintained.
- India continues strong secondary performance across key therapies and outpacing the market in Respiratory and Cardiology
- South Africa private business continues to outpace the market; grew over 2 times the market at 7.3%
- US business – 61% growth year on year (in US $ terms) for the quarter; base business grows year on year
- Quality Focus: Received EIR for Kurkumbh plant for the inspection by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) from 11th March 2019 to 20th March 2019
Net profit of Cipla rose 5.97% to Rs 478.19 crore in the quarter ended June 2019 as against Rs 451.25 crore during the previous quarter ended June 2018.
Sales rose 1.26% to Rs 3894.46 crore in the quarter ended June 2019 as against Rs 3845.84 crore during the previous quarter ended June 2018.